Thursday 6 April 2017

Evaluation Question 4

Who Would Be The Audience For Your Media Product?




Here are the responses I got:













Doing interviews helped me to see how well I have managed to target my specific audience. I got generally positive feedback from everyone, however it was clear to see that my product generally appealed more to younger audiences as they were more aware of the content in my front cover, contents page and double page spread - this is the response I wanted as 16 - 25 year olds were my target market. If I had one criticism of this mode of feedback, it would be that for some people I emailed them the questions or just gave them a questionnaire, and when I got the responses back I realised some of them hadn't answered the questions fully - this may have been because I wasn't asking the questions to them face-to-face and I wasn't able to prompt them. For example, some people said they would recommend the magazine to someone they know but they didn't fully tell me why they would recommend it for the specific person in relation to their musical interests and their age, gender, etc. 

I'm glad I made my reader profile because it helped me to understand my audience better and therefore meant that I could target them more accurately. For example, my reader profile showed that my target audience's life is heavily influenced by music, and my audience feedback showed this by showing that the people in my target audience (16-25 year old) were most interested in the magazine and engaged with it better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment